Sunday, July 6, 2014

Nail Care + Contest!!!

Hello girls,

As you all know, I keep trying out different nail arts and love experimenting with my nails. Because of this it had become very essential for me to follow a nail care regimen to keep my nails from breaking, chipping and getting discoloured. So today I’ll be sharing with you some self care measures that I use to keep my nails healthy.

  • Protect your Nails - Our nails are very delicate and prone to injuries. So make sure you do not use them to perform tasks that will damage them. For instance, while cleaning utensils wear rubber gloves as the chemicals in the soap can cause great damage to your nails as well as hands. For toenails, make sure you wear shoes that have space for your toes to breathe and if you wear closed shoes most of the times then keep your nails short to avoid any friction and breakage. 
  • Keep your Nails Hydrated - It is very essential to keep your nails without any nail polish from time to time as it allows your nails to breathe. Keeping polish on constantly can remove the natural moisture off your nails and make them look dull and discoloured.  I usually apply a polish and remove it in a week and then keep my nails bare for a few days before applying any other polish. If you do apply nail polish regularly make sure you apply one which is acetone free so that it doesn’t make your nails dry. You can also try applying moisturizing creams or petroleum jelly to make your nails look nice and shiny. And most importantly, drink plenty of water to keep your nails well hydrated. 
  • Nutrition for Nails - Even your nails need nutrients to grow well. Try including food items that contain protein, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin D, and vitamin E and calcium in your daily diet to help nail growth. I try including apples, cucumbers, eggs, garlic, grapes, nuts, onions, soy, salmon, and whole grains in my day.
  • Keep your Nails Clean - Make sure you keep your nails dry and clean at all times as wet nails tend to break easily. All you girls who love long nails should make sure you clean your nails well as dirt accumulated in the nails can increase the risk of infections. Wear clean socks to protect your toenails from any infections. Trim your nails regularly to avoid overgrown nails that tend to chip or break.

Following are the simple steps I take for my nail care :
  • After taking a bath, I ensure to dry my nails completely, specially the inner corners.
  • I apply a nourishing cuticle cream twice a week and clean it after 20 minutes.
  • Buff my nails once a week to improve the blood circulation.
  • Soak my nails in a solution of diluted vinegar once a week. Vinegar helps in making your cuticles soft. 
  • Give myself a manicure and pedicure at home to thoroughly clean the nails once every 10 days.

Remember:

Don’t keep your nails covered with nail polish all the time. And if you do apply nail polish regularly invest in some good quality brands to ensure they don’t damage your nails.

And trust me; healthy nails look great, if well-groomed.

I hope these tips will help you all. Do let me know if you have any other tips for keeping your nails healthy in the comments section below; I’d love to know them.


P.S. - If you too are a nail-art freak like me have a look at my nail art videos here
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLs0h8QvK3z2228qVzRIU14t-mWvkA6wnN 


Contest Alert!!!

Now before ending the blog, here's a quick contest just to see how attentively you read my blog ;) 

Follow my blog, subscribe to my youtube channel & tell me in the comments below why should you soak your nails in vinegar and one lucky winner will win this Bitter Orange Nourishing Hand & Nail Cream by Marks & Spencer called 'Moroccan Escape'. Sounds exotic right? And I'm sure you want it. So follow my blog & comment NOW!!




*Contest Rules :

1. Follow my blog
2. Subscribe to my Youtube channel 
3. Answer the above question correctly.
4. Contest closes on 15th July, 2014.
5. Winner will be chosen by the sole discretion of FOMO Fashion On My Own.
6. Contest is only open to residents of India.


1 comment:

  1. Ans:- Soaking nails in vinegar makes cuticle soft...
    I seriously does before entring contest it tingles a litle n nw all i wanna say thankuu soo much love fomo

    ReplyDelete