Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Lakme 9 to 5 Super Sunscreen Review

Hello my beautiful girls,
I've always said that using a good sunscreen in this scorching heat is a must! Recently I got the Lakme 9 to 5 Super Sunscreen to review and as you know in my Skin Care Routine I mentioned that I was looking for a good sunscreen so I thought of trying it out. If haven't already seen it, check it out here..

I’ve used a few Lakme 9 to 5 products and they have been good so far and thus I didn't have any apprehensions trying the Sunscreen.

The Lakme 9 to 5 Super Sunscreen comes in two variants – Hydrating Sunscreen for normal/dry skin and Mattifying Sunscreen for oily skin. It contains SPF 50 which gives your skin optimum protection against harmful UVA and UVB rays.

Starting with the Hydrating Sunscreen, even though I have oily skin it worked rather well. It has a liquid like consistency, and is white in colour. It glides on very easily and does not leave white patches; this is something I love about the product as all the other sunscreens I’ve tried make my skin look patchy. Since its SPF 50 it gives good protection against the sun and doesn't feel greasy at all. I applied it in the morning but by late afternoon I had to re-apply it as I was still going to be out in the sun. The good part about this sunscreen is that it is very lightweight and I can easily wear it under my makeup without it looking cakey.

The Mattifying Sunscreen is a little thicker in consistency and non-sticky. The face looks a little white as soon as you apply it but in a few minutes it settles down. Otherwise it works just like the Hydrating Sunscreen. If you have really oily skin, this is the product I’d highly recommend. It stays true to its name and keeps your face matte for at least a couple of hours.

The packing is quite simple they both come in a pinkish bottle with a golden cap and a pump dispenser. They are easy to carry around and do not leak.

A major problem with this product is its pricing; a 30ml bottle costs you Rs. 500 which is quite expensive in comparison to other brands. And since you need to re-apply it every few hours, it will get over much sooner.

In all it is a good product if you are the kind of person who prefers quality over quantity and now that I've used it for a while I find it much better than my earlier sunscreen in terms of protection from tanning and sunburn. It also gives your skin a nice even tone, which is perfect for the days you want to go out without any makeup.

So this is it from my side, do let me know if you have tried the product and what do you think of it in the comments section below. Also subscribe to my YouTube channel, FOMO Fashion On My Own for many of my makeup and hairstyle videos.


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment