Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Play Date With Dove!

Hello all you beautiful people,

So I had a fab Sunday thanks to the amazing Dove event hosted by Indiblogger.in. It was held at J W Marriot and I had such a ball that I had to share it with you guys.

  Great ambiance, pretty lamps completed the decor 

Keeping in line with Dove’s colors, the dress code was white, I wore a white top with blue denims (classic and my favourite combo)

OFTD : White top with blue denims

Upon arriving, we were given different coloured wrist bands based on which we were divided into 12 groups of 10 each. Then we chose some playful names for our groups like the big bang, the bun games, fringe benefits etc. My group was called messy buns ;) We spent sometime to know our team mates better and then began the games!

 Group photos, can you spot me?

The first activity was a Zumba session where Zumba trainers taught us some moves. This really got the crowd pumped and being the first Zumba session for most of us including me, it was a great experience. The energy in the room was infectious and set the ball rolling for a fun filled evening.

Up next was a a HUGE pool with colourful balls in it and it also had some grey coloured balls with Dove written on them. Groups of five could play the game at a time, 3 inside the pool collecting the grey Dove balls and 2 standing outside with buckets to catch those balls. There was great team spirit and everyone was cheering for one another. Our team collected 182 balls!

Next on the fun list was a larger than life jigsaw puzzle which had to be completed in the least amount of time possible.Our team completed it in less than 3 minutes.

Puzzle solving :)


The next game was called 'Hips Don’t Lie' where we had to hula hoop for the longest time to win. This game was really fun as none of us knew how to do it but we all tried and had a good laugh over it.

After that it was time for some hair play. We were given 4 minutes each to style each other's hair. There were also some pretty accessories to help us jazz up the look. 


My pretty bubble ponytail courtesy my teammate Mayuri :)

After that it was time for some pampering at the Dove Salon, a massive room with mirrors all around. I got my hair styled by Yasmine into pretty waves. I think she did a great job. For me, this was the highlight of my day, it completely transformed my look.


Yasmine working her magic on my hair at the Dove salon

Then we moved to the pool side for the bartender game where a bartender gave us tips on how to mix drinks, then 2 people from each team were called, one to mix the drink and the other to taste it. We were judged on who made the finest drink. Our team came in third :)

Quick selfie with Shonima and Shanaya before the bartending game

And finally it was time for dinner, a huge spread of amazing food followed by some awesome desserts. I couldn't get enough of the mud pies.

Lastly was the Award Ceremony where the team with highest points won a gift voucher worth Rs. 5000 that can be claimed at any Lakme Salon.

But before the day finally ended, there was one last game where the participant had go inside a crystal maze and collect Dove birdies. I very enthusiastically volunteered to play the game and had a blast. It reminded me of this game show called Crystal Maze, it used to come back in the day in early 90's. Have any of you seen it? 
Since my opponent and I had collected almost the number of Doves we both won a voucher, yay!!


  Me inside the crystal maze collecting Dove birdies

Finally the games ended and the dance floor was thrown open, we danced for almost 2 hours!! 

Overall it was a really fun event, I made a lot of crazy friends (see the pictures below for proof) and it was very well organized by Dove and Indiblogger.in.  Honestly I didn't expect it to be so much fun but it turned out to be 'legen wait for it dary!' 


Madness with Nivedita and Mayuri

 Another one with Nivedita and Mayuri

Posers : Ruhi, Nivedita, Mayuri and Moi ;)

And some more posing for pictures :)

So here’s a shout out to Team Dove and Indiblogger.in. Thanks for having me there, I completely loved the idea and had it was definitely a Sunday well spent.

P.S. Thank you for the hamper and I loved the Dove pin, will be wearing it for sure :) 

Goodies from Dove

Dove birdie pin :)

So girls I hope you enjoyed reading this post. For more of me, subscribe to FOMO Fashion On My Own

No comments:

Post a Comment